Saturday, November 19, 2011

What does the world want to hear FEMALES rap about?

IM in the entertainment circle and i have a lot of great ideas but i don't want to lose my opportunity going after the same stuff lil kim foxy brow and remy martin did..i like nicki minaj but all she talk about us sucking and well you know other stuff. i really want to step the game up. Are females only good for sex appeal...|||I want a female to keep it real... wit self respect aka the L. Boogie path.





I dont wanna hear how she sleeps wit this dude and that... and how sexy she is. I want lyrical content from a female persepctive.





Example, Rap about:


1. Why relyin on a dude for support is bad and to be self sufficent


2. how women are sexualize, but can hold there own.. and then own her own on teh mic


3. Clubbin... but not from a lsezzy skank view or gold digger.. but about havin fun wit her girls etc|||Same thing as the guys: stuff I can relate to.





I don't like bling rappers and gangsta rap because I don't relate. I honestly could care less what label's on my clothes and I've never "capped" anyone and don't care to act like I have.





I don't want monologues about how great you are in the sack. (Or how "not great" your last guy was in the sack.)





Here's several songs I think are great and why...do something LIKE this:





LL Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out" (fiercely retaking his turf in the game)


Eminem "Stan" (completely gets inside the skin of the creepy, obsessed fan and tells his story)


John Reuben "Trying Too Hard" (calls out people who are "too cool" to act like they want airplay)


The Pharcyde "Ya Mama" (just plan fun to listen to and singalong with)


Nas "If I Ruled the World" (Nas' declaration of intent for society)|||Anything besides their crotches and how much it costs to get up in there. I don't want to hear about their brand name stuff (unless it's about cars or a house or something valuable). In other words, talk about stuff we can relate to and things that show your range. Talking about sex all the time shows that you have a one track mind.





Nicky Minaj is a prime example of why female rappers get no love. She's basically a chickenhead with a record deal. Eve was conceited and full of herself. Foxxy had a great flow and her lyrics were good, but she got all "Hollywood" and started acting like a diva. Lil Kim is basically gone. Missy's okay, but she's more of an entertainer than a rapper. We need more variety.|||I wish female rappers were more versatile. Male rappers have touched nearly every topic in hip-hop. But for some reason, all the popular female rappers and R%26amp;B singers talk about nothing but sex. Whether it's how sexy they are, how much they want it, or being heartbroken, it's all about the same topic.





Rap about politics, street life, drugs, family. Anything but sex, that's a played out topic|||No. Don't limit yourself because of your sex. Dance tracks with women are great, but (in my opinion) emotional tracks are way better. I haven't heard any angry songs from women, but it could be good if you used your voice right. I don't know, do whatever. Just don't become a media junkie that just makes songs to appeal to what people want. And good luck.|||check out this Conscious Daughters track.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQB0p9C0a鈥?/a>|||Same thing the guys rap about. I for one would appreciate hearing a female's perspective on life and coming up in the world....without all the f*****g and p***y lines. That's played out imo|||i want to hear stories from the female perspective.........if a dude spits about Dodging the D's i want hear about her side of that tale, (assuming their a couple).|||Study someone like "Queen Latifah" ... what did SHE rap about?|||yes

No comments:

Post a Comment